Wednesday, March 23, 2011

BEAUTY AT HER BEST...ALWAYS


Almost two years after my last blog, I'm inclined to write about yet another LEGEND who passed away, a legend not just of Hollywood, but of Humankind. The morning of March 23, 2011 in Los Angeles, California, saw the setting of a beloved superstar: Elizabeth Taylor, who will be remembered more for her beautiful face, than for the number of husbands she accrued in one lifetime. She was the face that launched a thousand, no, million ships or more.

Ever since I saw The Elephant Walk, my first Hollywood movie as a child, I was taken up with the beautiful face and the amethyst eyes—a face that defined the word "beauty". Her overwhelmingly beautiful face continued to haunt me as I watched National Velvet, A Place in the Sun, and Cleopatra! Her beauty saw me through her transitional roles as Martha in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and through her tragically unrecognizable face at one of the Oscar events in the recent past years. Her renowned beauty was what bolstered her dignity and warmed people's hearts. She is certainly a legend who will never be forgotten, as the world remembers her kindly beyond just being a Hollywood star. Her persona rises far above that worldly universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment